New! Sustainable Food and Agriculture Systems associate degree program
Respecting and balancing the needs of people, planet and profit
! - Get detailed program info
With this two-year, associate degree program, you'll:
* Prepare for careers in sustainable garden and field crop production, livestock operations, and
wholesale/retail food management.
* Find out how to add value to your farm products.
* Learn to run your own successful business.
* Faculty has over 20 years of experience in sustainable and organic farming.
* Low student-to-teacher ratios.
* Faculty trained in adult learning styles.
* Field trips and practical class work are emphasized.
* Latest tools and equipment available for student use.
* Organic gardens are located onsite and staffed by students.
* Hands-on internships with many local livestock farms and gardens.
PLUS - INTERESTED IN ONLINE LEARNING!
Organic Agriculture Practices Certificate - Start your career from HOME!
Certificate Completers will be able to:
. Apply organic systems principles to their farm or land.
. Appraise and manage soil health.
. Practice organic animal husbandry.
. Apply organic practices to field crops and horticultural crops.
. Create a simple agricultural business plan, with marketing options.
. Evaluate alternative crops and livestock.
. Compose an on-going operation and management plan for an enterprise.
. Plan the transition of a conventional enterprise into an organic one.
. Complete forms necessary to document organic or conservation program status.
. Access financial, technical and service program resources.
. Model a balanced sustainable-organic ag system.
* Earn credentials that show your expertise to lenders, employers or customers.
* Learn how to manage a farm or test the feasibility of your product or business idea.
* Choose individual courses or the complete series, based on your needs.
Application for Online Certificate - CLICK HERE!
Contact Bonnie Willems: email@example.com, 920-498-5457, 800-498-6982, ext. 5457